There are so many measures can be taken to stop gaining weight.
These are some simple ways of calories that can be taken in aday:
- Eat two less cookies.
- Reduce your thirst with sparkling water or a diet soft drink instead of sweetened beverages.
- Leave a few bites of food on your plate.
- Hold the mayonnaise or cheese on your sandwich. Replace it with mustard, lettuce and tomato.
- Switch from whole to fat-free milk.
- Use half your usual amount of salad dressing, and choose vinaigrette instead of creamy dressing.
- Use nonstick cooking spray instead of butter, margarine, or oil for pan-frying.
- Substitute low-fat or fat-free yogurt for sour cream in recipes.
- Control snack portions by putting your snacks in a baggie or on a plate instead of eating out of the bag,
- Drink 100% fruit juice instead of juice with added sugar.
- Choose light beer or wine instead of frozen or fruit-based cocktails.
- Order a cup of broth-based soup instead of a bowl.
- Pass on supersized menu options.
- Hold the croutons on your salad.
- Have a healthy appetizer and salad instead of an entrée when eating out.
- Top your pasta with vegetable sauce instead of cream sauce (and be sure to control portions.)
- Hold the butter on steamed vegetables. Flavor them with a squeeze of fresh lemon.
- Limit meat portions to 3-4 ounces (about the size of a deck of cards).
Fat gain can be controlled by simple daily diets and exercises.